Must Read 120 Current Affairs MCQ 2013 for All Exams
Dear IBPS Aspirants,
In The Year 2013 we Comes with the 6th set of 120 Current Affairs MCQs. These quizzes are based on Current Corporate, Economy, Sports, Science, National Current Affairs of India. This will make you better prepared to face competitive examinations like that of IBPS CWE, Bank PO, RRB, NABARD, RBI, LIC, Civil Services, MBA etc.
1. Name the country, where the only Hindu Temple, ISKON is scheduled to be demolished by its Authorities for 15 January 2013.
Answer: (a) Russia
2. With which country India recently in December 2012 signed the Economic Ties for 2 Billion Dollar Investment Fund?
Answer: (b) Russia
3. The U.N. General Assembly in December 2012 voted overpoweringly to restart negotiations on a draft international treaty to regulate the 70 billion dollar global trade in conventional arms. Name the country, whose Rifle Association had been lobbying hard against this pact?
Answer: (a) US
4. Government of Pakistan in December 2012 officially recognised a state of Southeastern Europe as an independent state, almost five years after it declared independence from Serbia on 17 February 2008. Name the state?
Answer: (c) Kosovo
5. The United States of America evacuated its embassy in the Central African Republic, reflecting growing fears that the capital, Bangui, may fall to rebel forces called?
b) Kpademona Marcel
c) Al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb
d) Front for the Liberation of the Enclave
Answer: (a) Saleka
6. Union Government of India in the month of December granted service tax exemption on the services of life insurance business. Name the two schemes for which the service tax has been exempted?
a) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and Janashree Bima Yojana
b) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and Jeevan Nidhi
c) Janashree Bima Yojana and Jeevan Nidhi
d) Jeevan Nidhi and Kalptaru Yojna
Answer: (a) Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and Janashree Bima Yojana
7. The Union Government of India in December decided to set up five-year project for restoring the overall cyber security structure of critical sectors of India. This was decided in light of increasing number of cyber attacks as well as security threats that the Internet offers. In 2011, India suffered 13000 cyber incidents. Name the agency that is responsible for the Project?
a) Cyber surveillance agency
c) National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre
d) None of these
Answer: (c) National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre
8. The union government of India approved selling a certain percent stake in Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers (RCF) in December 2012. What is the percentage stake decided by the government for being sold?
a) 11 percent
b) 12.5 percent
c) 14 percent
d) 22 percent
Answer: (b) 12.5 percent
9. Which of the following statements of the following are/is true?
i. Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers (RCF) would be the 11th public sector undertaking that has got the approval of the Union Government to sell 12.5 percent of its stake
ii. National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC) is the nodal agency which is responsible for coordinating the cyber security operations related to critical infrastructures in India.
iii. AABY provides for insurance of the head of the family or earning member of the family of rural landless households between the age of 18 and 59 years against natural death or accidental death and partial/permanent disability.
iv. The union government of India withdrew Z-plus security provided to ex-army chief General V K Singh.
a) Statement (i) and (ii) are true
b) Statement (i), (ii) and (iv) are true
c) All the statements are true
d) Statement (ii) and (iv) are true
Answer: (c) All the statements are true
10. Name the state that has been the fastest growing states, between 2006 to 2010 as per the data released by the Planning Commission of India?
Answer: (b) Bihar
11. Mitsui Corp, the private equity company of Japanese multinational bought marginal stake in which Gurgaon-based pharmacy store?
a) Global Healthline
b) Alive Mediways
c) Apollo Pharmacy
d) Guardian Lifecare
Answer: (d) Guardian Lifecare
12. Why did the Chinese subsidiary of Jaguar Land Rover decided on 25 December 2012 to recall 337 cars?
a) below-standard fixture of brakes and steering boxes
b) below-standard fixture of headlights
c) below-standard fixture of front mirror
d) below-standard fixture of seats
Answer: (a) below-standard fixture of brakes and steering boxes
13. Instagram photo-sharing service was slapped with first civil lawsuit which resulted because of its changed terms of service leading to protests from the user in the third week of December 2012. Where was the civil lawsuit filed against Instagram?
a) Superior Court of California
b) Federal Court of California
c) Superior Court of San Francisco
d) Federal Court of San Francisco
Answer: (d) Federal Court of San Francisco
14. Mitsui Corp, the private equity company of Japanese multinational bought marginal stake in Guardian Lifecare, the Gurgaon-based pharmacy store. This indicates how foreign investors are keen towards 20 billion dollar pharmacy as well as wellness market of India. Which of the following statements is false in this context?
a) A Mitsui fund put in dedicated growth capital of over 80 crore Rupees in Guardian Lifecare.
b) The revenue of chain in 2012 was 110 crore Rupees.
c) Guardian Lifecare is a company that is engaged in retailing drugs with 230 stores in 20 cities.
d) Guardian Lifecare started selling the third-party branded products under its own brand name with over 220 stock units in various categories such as mineral water, vitamins, personal care, nutrition, sports nutrition and many more.
Answer: (b) The revenue of chain in 2012 was 110 crore Rupees.
15. Jaguar Land Rover, the British luxury brand which is owned by _________. Fill in the blank with appropriate option:
c) Tata Motors
Answer: (c) Tata Motors
16. The Mayan Doomsday predictions about the world ending on 21 December 2012 had failed and additionally NASA ruled out the asteroid collision with Earth in 2040. What is the name of this as teroid which was feared to be collided?
a) 2011 AG5
b) 5224 Abbe
c) 2646 Abetti
d) 6805 Abstracta
Answer: (a) 2011 AG5
17. The spaceplane constructed by Richard Branson’s spaceflight company called Virgin Galactic successfully completed the important flight test which would be able to carry the people to space. What is the name of this spaceplane?
a) Boeing X-37
b) Soviet Buran
Answer: (c) SpaceShipTwo
18. Astronomers claimed that a rare supercomet called ___________ was moving towards the Sun from outer solar system. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
a) C/1980 E1 (Bowell)
b) Comet Hale–Bopp (C/1995 O1)
c) Comet Lulin (C/2007 N3)
d) C/2012 S1 (ISON)
Answer: (d) C/2012 S1 (ISON)
19. Australian researchers of Sydney’s Garvan Institute claimed that they discovered primary factor which made breast cancer aggressive as well as resistant to the treatments. Which of the following statements is false in this context?
a) Protein called ELF5 is responsible for making the tumours of breast cancer more aggressive as well as resistant to treatments, revealed the key researcher Chris Ormandy.
b) The study would be helpful in targeting ELF5 in such a way that it would help in treating the breast cancers which are not numb to anti-oestrogens.
c) Around half of the women will eventually not be able to tackle to anti-oestrogen treatment which they would have been undergoing, which would in turn further progress their tumour.
d) In the tissue-culture models of this type of cancer which were made numb to anti-oestrogen treatment, levels of ELF5 increase dramatically.
Answer: (b) The study would be helpful in targeting ELF5 in such a way that it would help in treating the breast cancers which are not numb to anti-oestrogens.
20. Researchers from the Penn State University in the last week of December declared that the cause of encouragement of human evolution might have been the swift environmental changes in areas like East Africa around _____________. Fill in the blank with appropriate option:
a) 3 million years ago
b) 200 million years ago
c) 2 million years ago
d) 300 million years ago
Answer: (c) 2 million years ago
21. The Union Government of India on 17 December 2012 lowered down the growth projection for the current financial year 2012-13 from 7.6 percent that was estimated earlier to 5.7-5.9 percent. The projection was showcased in the Mid-Year Economic Analysis. Where was this Mid-Year Economic Analysis tabled?
a) Lok Sabha
b) Rajya Sabha
c) Indian Parliament
d) None of these
Answer: (c) Indian Parliament
22. Foreign investments in the Indian markets through __________ increased to 8-month high of around 1.75 lakh crore Rupees or 32 billion dollar in October 2012. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
d) Participatory Notes
Answer: (d) Participatory Notes
23. The UN’s World Economic Situation and Prospects 2013 report warned that the Debt crises in which two countries could throw the world economy into recession?
a) Europe and the United States
b) Indian and China
c) China and Japan
d) Europe and China
Answer: (a) Europe and the United States
24. The Finance Ministry announced that indirect tax collection increased at the rate of _________ to 2.92 lakh crore Rupees in the period of April-November 2012 in comparison to the yearly growth target of 27 percent. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
Answer: (b) 16.8%
25. United Nations on 18 December 2012 slashed its global growth predictions to 2.4 percent for 2013 and 3.2 percent for the following year and warned of a lasting employment crisis for western countries. Which of the following statements is false in this context?
a) The UN’s World Economic Situation and Prospects 2013 report warned that a slowdown in China could all throw the world economy into recession.
b) Earlier in the t month of June 2012 UN had predicted a growth forecast 2.7 percent for 2013 and 3.9 percent for the year after.
c) The report also predicted growth in South Asia averaging 10 percent in 2013, up from 8 percent in 2012, led by a moderate recovery in India.
d) As per the Report, With existing policies and growth trends, it is going to take at least another five years for Europe and the United States to make up for the job losses caused by the Great Recession of year 2008-2009.
Answer: (c) The report also predicted growth in South Asia averaging 10 percent in 2013, up from 8 percent in 2012, led by a moderate recovery in India.
26. The Union Government of India on 10 December 2012 introduced a bill in Parliament to amend the Competition Act which, among other things, will require the Competition Commission to decide on corporate mergers within 180 days. What is the name of the Bill?
a) Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2012
b) Competition Bill, 2012
c) Competition Commission Bill 2012
d) Competition review Bill 2012
Answer. (a) Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2012
27. The Union Government spent more than 1768 crore rupees in previous three years for its own promotion, revealed the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry. Name the body that revealed the data of investments made on advertisements in magazines and newspapers as well as television?
a) Press clipping service
Answer. (c) FICCI
28. Which of the following statements are true?
a) Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011 was cleared by the Union Cabinet on 13 December 2012, making it compulsory to get consent of 80 percent land owners. However in case of the Public-Private Projects (PPP), it was made mandatory that the consent of 70 percent people should be taken.
b) In the Land Acquisition Act, 1894, there was no provision of returning the land which was not used. But as per the clause in new Bill, in case the acquired land was not utilised for 5 years, it would lapse.
c) I&B Ministry revealed that the Directorate of Audio-Visual Publicity (DAVP) spent a total of 1768.55 crore Rupees in publicity as well as advertisements in magazines and newspapers as well as on television.
d) The Union Government of India on 10 December 2012 introduced a bill in Parliament to amend the Competition Act which, among other things, will require the Competition Commission to decide on corporate mergers within 300 days.
i. Statement a, b and c are true
ii. Statement a and d are true
iii. None of the above mentioned statement is true
iv. Statement d is true
Answer. (i) Statement a, b and c are true
29. The Supreme Court partially stayed the order of Delhi high court in which it had cancelled three paras of Centre’s 2010 circular which made it compulsory for the judges to take foreign visits only with approval of chief justice of the high court concerned or Chief Justice of India (CJI)and also made it mandatory for the judges to inform a government body to inform about such trips to Government of India. Which of the following statement related to the judgment is true?
a) The judges of Supreme Court as well as high court need to inform the Government of India about the foreign visits which include the purpose of their visit, duration as well as the funding source.
b) The judges of Supreme Court, High Court and the Lower Court need to inform the Government of India about their foreign visits which include the purpose of their visit, duration as well as the funding source.
c) The judges can take on the foreign visit only after traveling details were submitted to the Government of India
d) None of these
i. Only statement a is true
ii. Statement a and c is true
iii. Statement b is true
iv. Statement a and c are true
Answer. (iv)Statement a and c are true
30. What is the proposed distance to be covered by the Bhatinda-Jammu-Srinagar gas pipeline project that is scheduled to be completed by July 2014 to draw gas from Gujarat to the State?
a) 330 kilometers
b) 312 kilometers
c) 328 kilometers
d) 348 kilometers
Answer. (c)328 kilometers
31. In the Hockey India League Auction held at New Delhi on 16 December 2012 which Indian skipper became the highest marquee player after commanding for the best price of 78000 dollar?
a) Prabhjot Singh
b) Rajpal Singh
c) Sardar Singh
d) Shivendra Singh
Answer: (c) Sardar Singh
32. Whom did the All India Football Federation in the third week of December 2012 appoint as the one-man committee for probing into and make a decision about the fate of the abandoned 10th round I-League match between the Mohun Bagan and East Bengal?
a) AK Ganguly
b) Marcus Pacheco
d) Syed Rahim Nabi
Answer: (a) AK Ganguly
33. As per the latest ICC Test Championship rankings issued in Dubai on 17 December 2012, what is the position of India?
Answer: (b) 5th
34. Who was named Swiss Male Athlete of the Year on 16 December 2012?
a) Nicola Spirig
b) Roger Federer
c) Lionel Messi
d) Rafael Benítez
Answer: (b) Roger Federer
35. Sachin Tendulkar who announced retirement from ODI on 23 December 2012 became the first cricketer to score a double century in the history of One Day international Cricket against which country?
d) South Africa
Answer: (d) South Africa
36. The Constitution Amendment Bill was approved in Rajya Sabha in India on 17 December 2012 by an overwhelming majority. What is the purpose of this Constitution Amendment Bill?
a) It provides quotas for OBCs in corporate job promotions.
b) It provides quotas for SCs and STs in government job promotions.
c) It provides quotas for SCs, STs and OBCs in all kinds of job promotions.
d) It provides quotas only for STs in government job promotions.
Answer: (b) It provides quotas for SCs and STs in government job promotions.
37. Which country recently planned to replace its paper money with plastic banknotes?
a) Northern Ireland
c) New Zealand
Answer: (d) UK
38. On 18 December 2012, Queen Elizabeth became first peacetime British ruler ever since 1781, who attended the cabinet meeting. Which of the following statements is true in this context?
a) Though Queen Elizabeth did not take part in any deliberations, but she participated in the cabinet meeting as an observer and a listener.
b) Queen Elizabeth remained seated on the chair which is usually occupied by the president.
c) Historians believed that Queen Elizabeth became the first monarch in the history to attend any cabinet meeting, after George I did that.
d) The first agenda of the meeting was about criminal laws.
Answer: (a) Though Queen Elizabeth did not take part in any deliberations, but she participated in the cabinet meeting as an observer and a listener.
39. Who was elected as the first woman president of South Korea on 19 December 2012?
a) Jeon Yeo-ok
b) Kang Kum-Sil
c) Park Geun-hye
d) Chang Sang
Answer: (c) Park Geun-hye
40. US (United States) House of Representatives on 20 December 2012 passed the Bill which covers the cost of ships, aircraft, weapons and military personnel as well as the war effort in Afghanistan. What is the name of this Bill?
a) Defence Authorization Act, 2013
b) Defence Authorization Act, 2011
c) Defence Authorization Act, 2012
d) None of these
Answer: (a) Defence Authorization Act, 2013
41. The Union home ministry in Month of December extended the ban on United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) and National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) under which Act?
a) The Arms (Amendment) Act
b) The Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Act
c) The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act
d) The Anti-Hijacking (Amendment) Act
Answer: (c) The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act
42. Which of the following statements is false:
i. Japanese Encephalitis (JE) is the mosquito-borne virus which mainly affects the CNS or Central Nervous System.
ii. JE usually affects children who are below 15 years of age.
iii. In 2011, it was reported that JE had occurred in 135 districts in 17 states of India.
iv. Around 25 percent affected children usually survive.
a) Statements (i) and (iv) are false.
b) Only statement (iv) is false.
c) All the above statements are false.
d) None of these statements is false.
Answer: (b) Only statement (iv) is false.
43. The Government of India on 17 December decided to set up 113 Real Time Water Quality Monitoring Stations along which river?
a) River Yamuna
b) River Godavari
c) River Ganga
d) River Brahmaputra
Answer: (c) River Ganga
44. National Commission for Minorities celebrates Minorities Rights Day on which date?
a) 18 December
b) 19 December
c) 20 December
d) 21 December
Answer: (a) 18 December
45. Which bill was passed by Lok Sabha on 18 December 2012 for improving corporate governance?
a) Corporate Bill 2012
b) Companies Bill 2011
c) Companies Act 2011
d) Corporate Act 2012
Answer: (b) Companies Bill 2011
46. India and Ukraine on 10 December 2012 signed five agreements in New Delhi to enhance cooperation including in areas of defence, Nuclear, Science and Technology and also to remove barriers in trade and commerce. During whose visit were these agreements signed?
a) Ukraine President
b) Ukraine Prime Minister
c) Ukraine Foreign Minister
d) None of these
Answer: (a) Ukraine President
47. Who was re-elected as the Chairman of UN Panel of External Auditors?
a) Amyas Morse
b) Vinod Rai
c) AK Chanda
d) VN Kaul
Answer: (b) Vinod Rai
48. A controversial new global treaty on telecom regulations was signed on 14 December 2012 by how many International Telecommunication Union member states out of a possible 144 Countries regardless of US objections to prospective regulation of the Internet?
Answer: (c) 89
49. Which country launched a long-range rocket Unha-3 on 12 December 2012 despite international opposition and growing tensions in the region?
a) North Korea
b) South America
d) South Korea
Answer: (a) North Korea
50. India and Pakistan jointly operationalised the new Agreement on 14 December 2012 in New Delhi during the visit of Pakistan interior minister A. Rehman Malik to India. Which agreement was signed between the two countries?
a) Tourism Agreement
b) Business Agreement
c) Visitor Agreement
d) Visa Agreement
Answer: (d) Visa Agreement
51. Who was signed as the brand ambassador of Blackberry Smartphone maker Research-In-Motion (RIM) in third week of December 2012?
a) Shahrukh Khan
b) Ranbir Kapoor
c) Salman Khan
d) Shahid kapoor
Answer: (b) Ranbir Kapoor
52. The New York Stock Exchange which is said to be the foundation of American capitalism for 220 years now, agreed to sell itself as part of the 8.2 billion dollar takeover by IntercontinentalExchange Inc. (ICE). Which of the following statements is true in this context?
a) ICE is an Atlanta-based company and laid its foundation just 12 years ago.
b) ICE operates derivatives as well as commodities markets across the world.
c) ICE is highly renowned among general public.
d) ICE never aligned with NASDAQ OMX Group for making combined 11 billion dollar bid for NYSE Euronext.
i. Statements (a) and (b) are true.
ii. Only statement (a) is true.
iii. Statements (a), (b) and (d) are true.
iv. None of the statements if true.
Answer: (i) Statements (a) and (b) are true.
53. Which is the only company headquartered in India to be named in the list of 100 key liaison service outsourcing companies, by China’s Ministry of Commerce in the third week of December?
Answer: (d) Infosys
54. Who was appointed as the chairman of Tata Sons, the firm that holds more than 100 billion dollar Tata Group, on 18 December 2012?
a) Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry
b) Ratan Tata
c) Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
d) None of these
Answer: (c) Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
55. As per the research firm IHS iSuppli, which mobile brand displaced Nokia to become the world’s leading top mobile brand for the year 2012?
Answer: (a) Samsung
a) South American Jaguars
Answer: (c) Puma
57. NASA developed new next-gen spacesuit called Z-1 Prototype Spacesuit and Portable Life Support System (PLSS) 2.0 for the sophisticated and complex space ventures, which also include Mars mission. Which of the following statement is not true in this context:
a) The spacesuit is crafted out of various hard elements on the fabric. It also becomes flexible after being inflated.
b) There is no need of an airlock for seeking entry or getting exit in and out of this suit.
c) It makes use of the recent technique that includes sublimator which works only in hard vacuum.
d) The spacesuit packs in itself water membrane evaporation cooler which cools the suit through same method like sweating.
Answer: (c) It makes use of the recent technique that includes sublimator which works only in hard vacuum.
58. The gravity mapping satellites of NASA ended the successful mission to Moon by crashing on the rim of crater. What is the name of these gravity mapping satellites of NASA?
a) Voyager 1 and Voyager 2
b) Ebb and Flow
c) Orion and Kepler
d) Dawn and Orion
Answer: (b) Ebb and Flow
59. Scientist in the month of December revealed a planet that could support life, orbits a Sun-like star near the Earth. What is the name of the star around which this planet was found orbiting?
a) Tau Ceti
c) 36 Ophiuchi
d) Gliese 33
Answer: (a) Tau Ceti
60. A microbe led to extinction of more than 90 species on Earth’s surface around 251 million years ago, the researchers found out in the second week of December 2012. Which of the following statements is true in this context:
a) According to the current theory, mass extinction by end of Permian period was started because of volcanic eruptions on a large area, now called Siberia.
b) When the group of researchers analysed genome of Methanosarcina – a methanogen which is accountable for most of the biogenic methane on Earth today, it was discovered that microbe acquired this ability some 231 million years ago.
c) Methanosarcina needs huge amount of nickel for producing methane fast.
d) All the statements are true
Answer: (d) All the statements are true.
61. Market regulator Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed entities to set up Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) which is a newly created class of pooled-in investment vehicles for real estate, private equity and hedge funds. Specify the number of entities allowed to set up.
Answer: (b) 12
62. Consumer Price Index (CPI) data released on 12 December 2012 showed that the retail inflation increased for the second successive month to how many percent in November 2012?
Answer: (a) 9.90
63. The Union government of India on 13 December 2012 approved the setting up of Committee to fast track investment clearances for mega projects. Name the Committee approved.
(a) Coalition Committee
(b) Social Justice Committee
(c) Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI)
(d)Cabinet Committee on Expenditure
Answer: (c) Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI)
64. Name the Stock exchange which on 14 December 2012 launched an SME index which primarily aims at tracking the current primary market conditions in the Indian capital market and measuring the growth in investors’ wealth over a period.
(a) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
(b) Ahmedabad Stock Exchange
(c) Delhi Stock Exchange (DSE)
(d) Madhya Pradesh Stock Exchange (MPSE)
Answer: (a) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
65. As per the report of Aviation Ministry IndiGo lost huge amount in fiscal year, 2011-2012, the airline was operating in profits constantly in last three financial years. What was the loss amount in said fiscal year 2011-12?
(a) 87.6 crore Rupees
(b) 84.3 crore Rupees
(c) 95.2 crore Rupees
(d) 51.9 crore rupees
Answer: (a) 87.6 crore Rupees
66. Name the renowned soccer player who on 9 December 2012 set the record for most goals in a calendar year by scoring his 86th goal of 2012
(a) David Beckham
(b) Lionel Messi
(c) Cristiano Ronaldo
(d) Roberto Carlos
Answer: (b) Lionel Messi
67. Name the giant of Indian domestic cricket who died on 11 December and was famous for coming close to breaking Sir Don Bradman’s first-class score in the Ranji Trophy.
(a) Syed Kirmani
(b) Deepak Shodhan
(c) BB Nimbalkar
(d) Prakash Bhandari
Answer: (b) BB Nimbalkar
68. Name the team that was defeated by to win the inaugural SBI T20 World Cup for the Blind on 13 December 2012 at Central College grounds in Bangalore.
(d) New Zealand
Answer: (b) Pakistan
69. Which team on 15 December 2012 won the 3rd World Cup Kabaddi Tournament for the third consecutive time in the Men’s category and second consecutive time in the Women’s category?
Answer: (a) India
70. Which Country won the Junior Table Tennis Championship claiming all the titles?
Answer: (b) China
(a) Bank of Australia
(b) Bank of Scotland
(c) Bank of Japan
(d) None Of these
Answer: (c) Bank of Japan
72. State Bank of India (SBI), the largest lender of India on 5 December 2012 announced about its expectation of infusion of what amount from the government in 2012-2013 fiscal year?
(a) 4000 Crore rupees
(b) 3000 crore rupees
(c) 2500 crore rupees
(d) 3500 crore rupees
Answer: (a) 4000 Crore rupees
73. Infosys decided to transfer listing of American shares of the company from Nasdaq to an stock exchange. Name the particular stock exchange.
(a) Bombay Stock Exchange
(b) Hong Kong Stock Exchange
(c) Taiwan stock Exchange
(d) New York Stock Exchange
Answer: (d) New York Stock Exchange
74. Which Government body on 29 November 2012 dismissed appeals of two Sahara companies- Sahara India Real Estate Corp (SIRECL) and Sahara Housing Investment Corp (SHICL) against SEBI?
(a) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
(b) Primary Market Advisory Committee
(c) Mutual Fund Advisory Committee
(d) Derivatives Market Review Committee
Answer: (a) Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT)
75. Eight core sectors of the Indian Economy grew by how much percent in the eight-month high in October 2012-2013 as compare with the 0.4 percent in same time period last year?
(a) 6.5 Percent
(b) 5 Percent
(c) 3.5 percent
(d) 4.5 Percent
Answer: (a) 6.5 Percent
76. The Competent Authority on 3 December 2012 approved the appointment an IPS officer (MP-77) as officer on Special Duty in the Intelligence Bureau and also as the Director for Intelligence Bureau. Name the Person.
(a) Syed Asif Ibrahim
(b) Ali Haider
(c) Venkat Rangaswamy
Answer: (a) Syed Asif Ibrahim
77. Name the Senior party leader and former Deputy Chief Minister of Indian National Congress who on 6 December 2012 switched sides and joined the BJP with his supporters.
(a) Narhari Amin
(b) Kantilal Ghiya
(c) Arjun Modhwadia
(d) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: (a) Narhari Amin
78. The Uttar Pradesh government on 4 December 2012 decided to issue Cards to industrialists and industrial associations for easy access to its offices. What is the name of that card?
(a) Golden cards
(b) Silver cards
(c) Platinum cards
(d) Industrial cards
Answer: (a) Golden cards
79. Union Government of India on 5 December 2012 cleared the decks for transferring the prime India 12.5 acre United Mill land in Mumbai to the Maharashtra government for building a state-of-the-art memorial for an Indian revolutionary and political leader. Name the political leader.
(a) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
(b) BR Ambedkar
(c) Ramabai Ambedkar
(d) Balasaheb Thackrey
Answer: (b) BR Ambedkar
80. The Cauvery Monitoring Committee (CMC) on 7 December 2012 asked Karnataka to provide Tamil Nadu with how many TMC(thousand million cubic) feet of Cauvery water during December 2012
(a) 12 TMC feet
(b) 10 TMC feet
(c) 8 TMC feet
(d) 6 TMC feet
Answer: (a) 12 TMC feet
81. PetroChina in the third week of December 2012 agreed to buy a 49.9 percent stake in which Canadian firm?
a) Encana’s Natural Gas Project
b) Mackenzie Gas Project
c) Pengrowth Gas Project
d) Anderson Gas Project
Answer: (a) Encana’s Natural Gas Project
82. Who was appointed as the new Chief Financial Officer of Levi Strauss & Co?
a) Harmit Singh
b) Harpreet Singh
c) Harkeerat Singh
d) Hardeep Singh
Answer: (a) Harmit Singh
83. What kinds of clauses were added by Marks & Spencer (M&S), the British retail company to the agreements in India?
a) Anti-theft clauses
b) Anti-bribery clauses
c) Anti-fraud clauses
d) None of these
Answer: (b) Anti-bribery clauses
84. ICICI Bank, the largest private sector bank of India on 13 December 2012 opened 101 distinct gramin branches or rural branches as the part of its financial enclosure plan. In how many states were these branches opened?
a) Ten states
b) Three states
c) Four states
d) Six states
Answer: (d) Six states
85. Where did the American Depositary Shares (ADS) of Infosys, India’s second-largest IT services provider started trading on 12 December 2012?
a) Bombay Stock Exchange
b) National Stock Exchange
c) New York Stock Exchange
d) Singapore Stock Exchange
Answer: (c) New York Stock Exchange
86. French scientists claimed that they developed a new system which enables humans to get 360 degree vision. The headset in the system is said to capture the images from different directions and thereafter transform these into the matter which is possible for the human vision system to comprehend. What is the name of this new system?
Answer: (b) FlyVIZ
87. Scientists from NASA spotted the longest extra-terrestrial river system ever on Saturn’s moon Titan which appears to be a miniature version of one of the Earth’s rivers. Titan which appears to be a miniature version of which river of Earth?
a) Amazon River
b) Thames River
c) Nile River
d) Rhine River
Answer: (c) Nile River
88. Researchers of the University of Michigan Health System and Harvard Medical School in the second week of December 2012 showed that anti-ageing genes might be helpful in curtailing the multiplication of cancer. Which of the following statements is not true in context of this?
a) The researchers had shown that the decrease in SIRT6 protein in rats increased the size, aggressiveness as well as number of tumours.
b) In the new research the role of SIRT6 in diminishing the growth of cancer by repressing aerobic glycolysis was highlighted.
c) SIRT6 is also responsible for inhibiting the activity of major cancer gene called Myc.
d) SIRT6 does not play any role in stopping cancer or controlling cellular metabolism.
Answer: (d) SIRT6 does not play any role in stopping cancer or controlling cellular metabolism.
89. Scientists in northern Mexico discovered a new dinosaur with a large prominent nose which lived about 73 million years ago. What is the name of this new dinosaur?
a) Latirhinus Uitstlani
Answer: (a) Latirhinus Uitstlani
90. British scientists claimed that they developed in the first week of December 2012, the first toothbrush of the world called Emmident toothbrush which makes use of the _________ for cleaning teeth. Fill in the blank with appropriate word:
b) Ultrasound waves
c) 3D Imaging
d) None of these
Answer: (b) Ultrasound waves
91. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) suspended the India Olympic Association (IOA) on 4 December 2012 and eventually this might also lead to IOA ban from Olympic movement. Which of these statements is true in context to this news?
a) IOC suspended IOA because India was following the Sports Code of government in the IOA elections, which is against the Olympic Charter.
b) Suspension of IOA from Olympics came just before the Election Day.
c) Decision of IOC was welcomed by several former as well as current sportspersons.
d) All the above statements are true
Answer: (d) All the above statements are true
92. Name the corporate Hockey team which emerged champion against Bharat Petroleum in the 23rd Lal Bahadur Shastri hockey tournament at the Shivaji Stadium on 4 December 2012.
a) Air India
b) Bharti Airtel
c) Reliance Industries
d) Hindustan Petroleum
Answer: (a) Air India
93. Name the England Cricket Captain who became the youngest Batsman to score 7000 Runs
a) Alastair Cook
b) Kevin Peitersen
c) Daniel Vettori
d) Andrew Strauss
Answer: (a) Alastair Cook
94. Name the Basket player who Became Youngest Player in the History of NBA to Reach 30000 Career Points
a) Andrew Bogut
b) Kobe Bryant
c) Leandro Barbosa
d) Robert Sacre
Answer: (b) Kobe Bryant
95. Name the Cricketer and Former Captain of the Australian Cricket team who on 3 December 2012 announced his retirement from International Test Cricket.
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Adam Gilchrist
c) Shane Warne
d) Michael Clarke
Answer: (a) Ricky Ponting
96. On 4 December 2012, Iran claimed that it had captured the small US drone which had entered its airspace on the Gulf waters. Which of the following statements is not true in context of this news:
a) The Guards’ naval force guarding the Iranian assets in the Gulf described the drone as Boeing-made ScanEagle, short-range, propeller-driven inspection vehicle that had a 3-metre wingspan.
b) The naval arm of Iranian Revolutionary Guards claimed that the unmanned US drone which was patrolling over the Persian Gulf waters.
c) On 4 December 2011, Iran had claimed that it captured a bigger and more sophisticated CIA secrecy drone which was bat-winged.
d) US, in the meanwhile confirmed that a drone from the fleet was missing.
Answer: (d) US, in the meanwhile confirmed that a drone from the fleet was missing.
97. The 11th meeting of the India-Canada Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism was held on 29 November 2012. Where was this meeting held?
c) New Delhi
Answer: (c) New Delhi
98. A meeting of the India and Pakistan former diplomats, peace activists, army and navy officers concluded on 3 December 2012 with an agenda that Sir Creek dispute will be resolved. What are the other territorial troubles that sit amidst the India-Pakistan relationship?
c) Both of these
d) None of these
Answer: (c) Both of these
99. China held one of its largest- ever air force drill involving multi-types fighter planes, amid heightened tensions with Japan over territorial dispute in the East China Sea. How many fighter planes were involved in the drill?
Answer: (c) 100
100. Who was the first top ranking Indian official to visit China after changes in Communist Party of China?
a) Anand Sharma
b) Ajit Singh
c) Shiv Shankar Menon
d) Somanahalli Mallaiah Krishna
Answer: (c) Shiv Shankar Menon
101. Apple, on 7 December 2012 launched two new devices. Which are these two devices?
a) iPad 2 and fourth generation iPad
b) iPad mini and iPhone 5
c) iPad mini and fourth generation iPad
d) iPhone 5 and fourth generation iPad
Answer: (c) iPad mini and fourth generation iPad
102. Wipro Consumer Care and Lightning (WCCL) on 8 December 2012 acquired the Singapore-based FMCG Company for 790 Crore Rupees. What is the name of this company?
a) LD Waxson
c) Woods of Windsor
Answer: (a) LD Waxson
103. Suresh Vaswani, the former co-CEO of Wipro was appointed as the President of Dell Services, the computer-maker, on 6 December 2012. Which of the following statements is true in this context?
a) Before being promoted to the position of Dell’s president, Vaswani was also the head of application services as well as BPO segment of Dell.
b) In 2011, Vaswani exited from Wipro where he had spent 25 years.
c) Vaswani reported to Schuckenbrock, the former President of Dell.
d) All the three statements are true.
Answer: (d) All the three statements are true.
104. Adani Mining, a global integrated infrastructure player on 3 December 2012 announced completion of the largest mining exploration programme in Australia in a record time. How much time did the Adani Mining take for the programme?
a) 6 months
b) 9 months
c) 1 year
d) 1.5 years
Answer: (b) 9 months
105. Nokia, one of the giant mobile makers agreed to sell the head quarter building or 222 million US dollar or 170 million Euros on 4 December 2012. The headquarter building is to be bought by Exilion, the Finnish real estate company. Where was the headquarter building of Nokia located?
Answer: (a) Finland
107. Who among the following is the winner of the prestigious Aryabhatta award for 2011?
b)G. Satheesh Reddy
d)T. Rama Rao
c)Minister for Water Resources
d)Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources
113. The Web Ratna awards are constituted by _____________?
a)Infosys Technologies Limited
c)Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, India
b) Usain Bolt won the IAAF World Athlete of the Year Award 2012 for the fourth time and British heptathlete Jessica Ennis won women’s World Athlete of the Year Award 2012
c) Czech Republic’s Radek Stepanek created a history by his name after winning the Davis Cup final 2012 as he became the first man ever aged 30 or above to win the decisive rubber in 100 years
d) Daimler, the German Luxury Carmaker purchased 40 percent stakes of the Mercedes Formula One Motor Racing Team owned by the Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund Aabar Investments in the third week of November 2012
ii. Statement a is false
iii. Statement b is false
iv. Statement c is false
b) The Czech Republic in November 2012 won the 101st Davis Cup 2012 finals, after defeating Spain by 3-2 in the finals
c) The Czech Republic lifted the Davis Cup for the third time after winning independence in 1993
d) Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, the female Weightlifter from India won three bronze medals for Indian Team on the opening day of the 19th Junior Women Asian Weightlifting Championships in Yangon in Mynamar
ii. Statement b and c are true
iii. Statement a and d are true
iv. All the statements are true
b) West Indies won the Bangladesh Test Series by 2-0
c) WADA Proposed Four-Year Ban for Felony Athletes under New WADA Code
d) Marcel Granollers & Marc Lopez won the ATP World Tour Final 2012
ii. Statement a, b and c are true
iii. Statement a, b and d are true
iv. Statement a is true
b) United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
c) Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority
d) Indian Anti Doping Agency